A Special Project requires a Speciality Product
9 December 2019 | Admin
The newest addition to the MDF family is a high-performance fibre board that combines the best of both worlds – a highly durable sheet material that looks great and is easy to work with.
Valchromat is an evolution of MDF. It is a wood fibre panel which has each of its particles coloured individually with organic dyes and bonded together by a special resin. This creates a unique material to work with on the most demanding of projects.
The manufacturing process creates a material that is coloured throughout, meaning whichever way it is cut or machined, the colour is consistent. The three-dimensional colour allows scratches or scuffs to be simply sanded out and re-finished, and joints can be sanded flush with no worrying about damaging the surface.
But its advantages over MDF don’t stop there.
- Is moisture resistant to EN622-5 Moisture Resistant EN319 & EN317 and is fully FSC certified, making it suitable for bathrooms and other areas of high humidity.
- Has a greater internal cohesion which creates a higher mechanical strength
- Allows working in three dimensions – it can be machined in any way without altering the integrity or visual properties of the board
- Its superior strength offers a greater resistance to bending
- It requires less effort to finish – painting and veneers are not required
- Is available fire retardant
- Is single density. Unlike standard MDF which has hardened faces and a slightly softer core which can appear ‘fluffy’ when routed or profiled, Valchromat is the same density throughout, giving a more professional finish.